Leadership in Action Program (LAP)
Through LAP, 1,400 students have been prepared for leadership roles. As they immerse in “real world” projects, students develop work and life skills and are equipped with needed perspectives to readily handle school and community issues. Students can follow several unique avenues within the LAP:
- Basic Leadership Training – a four-hour session aimed at strengthening students’ understanding of various leadership styles and developing communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Leadership Training Series – following the Basic Leadership Training session, this series is more topic-specific and covers dialogue for social justice, identity and presenting with passion, running effective meetings, reading nonprofit financials and more.
- Youth On Board Foundations – Orients parents, teens and members of the Board of Directors for local nonprofits to Youth On Board.
- Training of Trainers – designed for club officers and sports team captains wanting to build their repertoire of icebreakers and team building activities.
- Training Internships for Upperclassmen – prepares upperclassmen, who have completed Basic and Advanced Leadership Trainings, to facilitate sessions in future training sessions.
- Hands-On Leadership Immersion projects – further developing leadership skills by participating in one or more of the seven YEP projects in a leadership capacity. Certification is available.