Youth On Board(YOB)
YOB places teens age 16 to 18 in voting seats on Boards of Directors or teen advisory committees of local nonprofit organizations.
Since 1999, more than 140 teens have served with 17 local nonprofit organizations. Participants develop new skills from the YEP Leadership in Action Program and, through YOB, youth-adult partnerships are formed that support the student and the organizations. This program was featured in the national publication, Nonprofit Communication Report.
A Note to Nonprofits: Nonprofits interested in having teens serve on their Board or establishing teen advisory councils are encouraged to contact YEP for assistance with recruitment, training and ongoing student support.
Learn more about our partners:
- Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra
- Ann Arbor Public Schools Educational Foundations
- Ann Arbor Public Schools Recreation and Education Advisory Commission
- American Red Cross
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Avalon Housing
- Student Advocacy Center
- Youth Empowerment Project
- Youth On Board Teen/Parent Agreement Form
- Nonprofit Communication Report – Article